2012年4月27日星期五

My new video card problems?

I got a new video card i put in. installed the drivers, but when i play games my fps is still the same as my old card. my old card was 5000, my new one is 8600GT. and when i look at the video card name, it shows my old one. I removed it and put the new one in. wat should i do?|||Sounds like you didn't uninstall your old video card correctly. My suggestion is to, first, go to the nVidia website and download the most recent driver for your 8600GT. Then, go to device manager, and uninstall the video card. Restart the PC. It should be at a very low resolution when it comes back as there is no nVidia driver to run the card now. Then, install the 8600GT driver that you downloaded from nVidia. If it still is showing as the 5000, then you may need find where the files are and remove them manually. If you are having trouble with that, find a program like DriverCleaner to remove it and try again. Good luck, and hopefully, you won't have to restore your PC!!|||Your motherboard may have onboard video and this might be conflicting with your video card.



I'd check your motherboards manual and figure out if it does, if it does you can disable the onboard through the Bios.





Good Luck


没有评论:

发表评论