2012年4月27日星期五

ATI FIREMV 2250 1x 256mb Video Card problems.?

I installed this card hoping to get some decent resolution and a tad bit more power out of my dated computer. I had a GeForce 5200 in my computer previously. The resolution on my GeForce (displayed on a Samsung 32" LCD TV) was not too shabby. I installed this new card and everything is now blurry and all the colors are washed out.



I updated the drivers and ensured all cables were in correctly. The resolution goes much much higher than the 5200 (1920 x 1080) but it is so blurry and washed out I feel like I am using a monitor from 1996 or something.



Is there anything I can do that I may not have tried yet? I have the most up to date drivers, disabled all other gfx card (even integrated ones) and have it hooked into the HDMI slot on my TV.



The only thing that comes to mind is I am using a DVI to HMDI converter cable to connect to the TV. The card has a DCI out and the TV has an HDMI in. As far as I recall HDMI and DVI use the exact same signal.



Help?|||The FIREMV 2250 is a workstation card, first and foremost. The Geforce 5200 it replaced was a gaming card. If you are trying to play games on that card, simply don't. It was not designed for running games.



If the FireMV cards are anything like Radeons, then it's possible that you need to go into the display options for the card to change the HDTV support option. You might also need to adjust the overscan/underscan option.



If it still doesn't look right, try plugging it into a VGA monitor. If it looks proper through the VGA connection, then it might just be that you can't display through HDMI into your TV.



My Radeon HD 4770 can't display properly through HDMI as well. I'm also using a DVI>HDMI adapter, but that should be no problem since others have used DVI>HDMI adapter successfully with graphics cards. It's either the card, or the TV, and since I'm not the only one who has had these problems with AMD cards, then it leads me to believe it's a hardware/software problem, and not the cables or the TV.

没有评论:

发表评论