2012年4月26日星期四

PC Video card problem?

I have recently bought a new motherboard, an ECS AM2, with Ge Force 6100 integrated video card. I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ CPU and a Ge Force 7600 GS external video card.



I have installed Windows XP sp 2 with the Ge Force 7600 GS plugged in and when I tried to download latest drivers from Nvidia I had this problem: The drivers got installed but then Windows started without any icons or desktop taskbar. I could only right click and open new folders or notepad etc.



I have unplugged the external Video Card and used the integrated one. But this one appeared in Device Manager as uninstalled. Don't they use the same Nvidia drivers?



I have used the mobo driver install CD and the Ge Force 6100 got installed and worked ok. Then I plugged again the Ge Force 7600 GS, connected the monitor to it and this time Windows started ok. I have installed the drivers from the Ge Force 7600 GS CD and ok. But in the Nvidia Control Panel appeared selected Clone display, smth with 2 monitors... Why??|||You have to hit certain keys during the initial start up to go into the BIOS, DEL key or F8 in some systems (or even other keys). Once you are in there, try going into the Advanced Settings and look for something by the like "On-Board Video card" and set it to Disable.|||did you disable the integrated video card in the bios before you put the new card in?

没有评论:

发表评论