2012年5月6日星期日

Dell, New video card problem?

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 4500 that I am working on. I bought a new video card for it but am having some issues. It is an ATI HD 2400 PCI card. (Yes, old technology, I know) I got the card in and installed but to get it to display anything at all with the new video card installed I had to change the BIOS video setting to "onboard" only. (Making use only of the video card built into the motherboard.) The ATI driver installed anyway, so my question is, how do I use the new video card? My speculation is that it will require disabling the motherboard video but I may be wrong. When I change the BIOS video setting to "auto," no matter which video out port I plug in to there is no output, the monitor goes into standby.

Thank you.|||Set it to AUTO, than take the video card back out, restart the computer and make sure the driver is also uninstalled. Than put the card back IN and your computer should read it. If it works properly, it will first boot into Windows before any driver is installed. Than the driver can be downloaded and installed and you will prompted to restart your computer again. I have a Dell Inspiron and a similar ATI card and this is how it went for me. I did not have to disable anything in the Bios or fool with the motherboard. Plus and Play operating system should recognize what your installing.|||There is another setting in the BIOS, usually next to the "onboard" option that has an AGP/PCI option.



Select PCI and that should fix it.|||there will be a jumper on the motherboard if its not a bios setting to turn off the onboard and activate the riser card|||Set it to auto. Connect the monitor to the new video card. If you don't get a display on power up, then you didn't install the video card correctly.



When you say there is no display on any port, do you mean when you first apply power? Or after Windows loads?|||Try moving it into a different PCI slot... Unless the card is DOA, you should get a signal from it regardless of the BIOS setting. You can sometimes use PCI cards in addition to onboard video, for multi-monitor setups.



I don't think power is an issue with the HD 2400.

没有评论:

发表评论