2012年5月9日星期三

Would insufficient power supply cause video card problems?

I was wondering if insufficient power supply requirements to power a video card would cause it to stop working properly, I had just purchased a BFG Geforce 8500GT 1GB DDR2 PCI-E card to just replace my integrated graphics(intel gma 950) the cards minimum requirements were a 300W PSU mine says "the power supply won't exceed 250w at an ambient temp of 50C" something like that. The worked for about two days and then I went to turn on my computer and at POST the system beeps(1 beep, 2 beeps; I have researched this error I think means to re-seat the card or use a different card) without a display on the monitor. The video card cant be completely dead because the video card's fan is still spinning inside when the computer is on. So I was wondering if a new power supply that exceeds the minimum requirements would fix this problem or do I need to buy

a new video card as well.

System Specs

Motherboard-ECS 945GCT-M3

Processor-Intel Celeron E1400

RAM-1GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM 667MHZ

HHD-Hitachi 160GB 7200rpm

DL DVD RW Drive

Please list a source(optional)|||I think you need a new power supply, but your gaming performance is being bottlenecked right now by the CPU and RAM, not the graphics card.|||Hi,



Yes a new power supply unit of at lease 550watts is what you need as you have said yourself the current psu won't exceed 250w and the card itself needs 300w so you could well expect problems!!



I would start with a new psu and just hope that the card has not been damaged.



Arnak

没有评论:

发表评论