2012年5月7日星期一

Video card problems after hard drive wipe?

So I download onlive and steam so i can get back to gaming as usual and neither one worked. I sent a message to the onlive support people and they informed me that I needed to update my video drivers or something along those lines. So i go to find my video card so i can download it's drivers and whatnot and instead find something called "VgaSave" staring at me. A number of google searches on it gives me the impression this isn't what i want.



So I guess what i need to know is

1.what is VgaSave

2. How do i figure out what my actual video card is

3.once i've accomplished that how do i find/install the drivers needed to get my games running agian.



(for the record my computer is an HP and i'm running windows xp)|||dont know about vgasave but to id your card click START MENU/CONTROL PANEL/DEVICE MANAGER/VGA ADAPTERS then right click on that select properties and update drivers. if it come back saying you have latest driver installed. take a note of the model and find the manufactures web site and download from there and run. hope this helps. oh if it doesnt display the name of the device crack your pc open and take a look at the card if you dont have a card an the graphic are built into the motherboard get the mother serial number and google it to find out your graphic chip details|||Make life easy.



Download 'TechTracker from CNET.com.

Run it.

It will scan yer pooter, find missing or old version drivers, it will install them for you or you can do it yerself.



Still running XP?

Yikes!

Upgrade to Windows 7. You then won't have this unnecessary problem.

It will automatically upgrade all drivers if needed FREE.



Steam is a no-no fer me. If I can't download without some 'creepy- pay now' crap, I don't want it.

However, some games you have may require it.



There are other driver scan programs, do a search, keep what ya like.

;-)

没有评论:

发表评论