2012年5月7日星期一

Possible video card problem, in desperate need of your help!?

Last night, I was doing my usual thing on my computer. All of a sudden, whilst in a full-screen game, my computer froze and all over the screen, rainbow coloured garbled, "matrix" looking, small blocks appeared. I was unable to get to the desktop or open task manager, so I restarted my computer via the button on the actual computer. As it was loading, similar garbled looking blocks were all over the screen. Once the loading screen was done loading, my screen said 'no signal dectected' and turned off. The only way I was able to get to my desktop was by going into 'safe mode'. My dad mentioned that it could be the video card, so after no new updates and trying to troubleshoot, I was still having the problem. I uninstalled it, and restarted. It got to the desktop on its own without me having to go into safemode. But, during the loading process beforehand, the image was still garbled, but not as much. My boyfriend suggested that it could be the CPU and I should vacuum and clean away the dust, but I am unsure where that is and don't want to stuff more things up going in blind. I am using Windows XP and my computers not too old. (Please state in your answer if you need more information). Thanks in advance.|||I have seen that happen with the RAM try taking out the ram 1 stick at a time, if that's not it then it is most likely the GPU



hope it helps!|||The main difference between Windows safe mode and regular windows is that in safe mode only the bare minimum drivers are loaded.



Drivers are software that tells windows how to communicate with the particular hardware in a computer. They are dependent on both the hardware and the operating system, so you need the drivers for the configuration that you have.



If you can go into safe mode, but not regular windows, then, probably your drivers are corrupted.



You can try to do a System Restore back to a time before you were having problems.



IMHO, however, the best thing to do is to download and install the latest video drivers for your computer, from the manufacturer of your hardware. Go to the NVIDIA website and search for drivers or support. Then look for the GeForce 7600 GS. And make sure that it is written for your current operating system. Follow the directions to download and install the drivers. Hopefully, that will fix you up!

没有评论:

发表评论