2012年5月7日星期一

Video card problem- monitor keeps saying "check input signal"?

its not the cord, i tested it by connecting my laptop to my monitor. it is my desktops video card. 2 workarounds i was able to TEMPORARILY fix the problem with, re-seating my card and tilting the case forward. is there anyway to get a snugger fit outside of replacing the motherboard itself? this was a common problem at one of my old jobs, the IT department just ripped the graphics cards out of the affected machines and simply plugged the monitor into the factory integrated graphics port, slowing down everyone's computer in the process. any thoughtful insights?|||I'll state the obvious at the risk of being flamed...



From your explanation, it seems the card's contacts are not making good contact with the fingers in the slot. Worn fingers or damaged contacts? Oxidation? (Industrial environment?) I presume you've done this : Try the card in a different computer, try a different card in the aforementioned computer. That will determine which item is at fault.

没有评论:

发表评论