2012年5月9日星期三

Video Card problem, drivers, 3D acceleration, and WoW?

I recently tried to start playing WoW with a friend. When I tried to boot it up, it says that World of Warcraft was unable to start up 3D Acceleration. After reading around, and running various tests, I don't think it's DirectX that's the problem. I originally had a Radeon 9600 video card, but the port for the monitor broke, so I replaced it with a Radeon 9200 my father had. Well, the Radeon 9200 isn't compatible with WoW so I got a GeForce FX5200 yesterday. I still can't figure out how to get the 3D acceleration to work. I go to command prompt and enter dxdiag to open the options, and when I go to the display tab, under the option for 3D acceleration, instead of letting me enable it, it says Not Available. So I'm thinking its my drivers that are messed up, however, I don't know how to get rid of my old drivers from my past 2 cards, and where to get/how to install the drivers for the GeForce FX5200 (I tried 2 hours ago and in the nvidia installer, it said my operating system was not windows, even though it is.)







Can anyone help me out with a detailed explanation? I'm more computer savvy than the average person but obviously not enough to figure this out.|||this site here has a nice step by step http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?…

and for that card im using DHzeropoint 9291 for the driver..seems to work ok for a not so great card|||Your video card is the actual hardware in your computer. The driver is the software that allows the operating system (Windows) to communicate with it. If you are having trouble with games you always want to try downloading the latest video driver from the manufacturer (Nvidia and ATI are the most common). Most computers these days should run Wow as long as they are relatively newer (within a few years). You can check your directX version by going to Start > Run > and typing dxdiag. It will tell you the version of DirectX at the bottom.

没有评论:

发表评论