2012年5月7日星期一

Monitor/Video Card Problem - Detailed Inside?

Ok so out of nowhere my monitor has these blue and red lines blinking all over the place. If I try to put the refresh rate at 60 hz where its supposed to be, it goes ape-**** crazy and I cant even read anything on the monitor because its going nuts. But, this problem is quite weird.



I have an on-board video card, and my PCI-E video card. I also have two monitors.



The current HD monitor has the problem with the PCI-e video card, but the other monitor works perfect.



The HD monitor though, works perfectly with the on-board video card.



So I have no idea if it is a monitor problem or a video card problem, since they both work under different conditions. The HD monitor works with the on-board video perfectly, while the non-hd monitor works perfectly with the PCI-E video card.



the HD monitor will not work in 1080p at all. the screen goes crazy when I try. I have to keep it at a low refresh rate and resolution to do anything on it.



Odd. I know. Any help would be a great service.



Btw. I already tried separate drivers for the PCI-E card. I also redid my whole OS totally. So thats not it either. I'm lost. Which doesnt happen very often, lol.|||they are not compatable with each other, im guessing it is the gpu that is messing it up, if the hd monitor works, and you connect it to gpu and it is messed up, its the gpu, but are you using a hdmi cable when connecting to gpu, maybe the monitors hdmi port is messed up or the gpu hdmi is messed up|||You may have already tried these steps but this is what we would try first concerning the PCI-e card:



- Check the cable connection is pushed in all the way into monitor and card

- If you have another video cable try it

- Open up your desktop top and re-seat the card, ie, unscrew it pull it out and push it back in, screw in

- Move the card to a spare slot if you have one and try that

- Put the card in another desktop and try it - if it fails here you can be pretty sure the card itself is failing



Good luck

没有评论:

发表评论