2012年5月7日星期一

Would insufficient power supply cause video card problems?

I was wondering if insufficient power supply requirements to power a video card would cause it to stop working properly, I had just purchased a BFG Geforce 8500GT 1GB DDR2 PCI-E card to just replace my integrated graphics(intel gma 950) the cards minimum requirements were a 300W PSU mine says "the power supply won't exceed 250w at an ambient temp of 50C" something like that. The worked for about two days and then I went to turn on my computer and at POST the system beeps(1 beep, 2 beeps; I have researched this error I think means to re-seat the card or use a different card) without a display on the monitor. The video card cant be completely dead because the video card's fan is still spinning inside when the computer is on. So I was wondering if a new power supply that exceeds the minimum requirements would fix this problem or do I need to buy

a new video card as well.

System Specs

Motherboard-ECS 945GCT-M3

Processor-Intel Celeron E1400

RAM-1GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM 667MHZ

HHD-Hitachi 160GB 7200rpm

DL DVD RW Drive

Please list a source(optional)|||yeah sounds like the psu,though id test the card in someone else's system before rushing out to buy a new psu.|||You will need more then a 300watt supply. The card itself needs 300watts and you have to account for the power being used by the rest of your computer. Also you will want to get a reputable power supply that gives a consistant voltage.

没有评论:

发表评论