2012年5月6日星期日

Help with video card problem!!?

Hello,



I bought a 1gb PNY GT 220 from best buy yesterday, I installed it inside the mobo PCI express bus. Everything seemed to fit quiet nicely. Proceeding after that I changed the primary video adapter in the BIOS from auto ( I had integrated graphics before) to PCI express. The thing is the card is not getting detected. It is not even in the device manager, it's as if it doesnt even exist.



After skimming the requirements again I saw it requires a minumin of 350w psu whereas I have a maximum of 300w, could this be the problem?



Here is the rest of my sys spec

Pentium D dualcore@ 2.8ghz

1g ddr sdram

17' gateway monitor



Appreciate the help!|||Although your PSU being a lower wattage than the requirements is an issue -it can cause your power supply to ultimately fry- I don't believe it's what's causing your card to not be recognized. Did you delete the drivers for the integrated graphics card? If so, did you install the drivers for the new card you just bought? This has happened to me a couple of times and deleting the old drivers and installing the new ones off of the internet has fixed it every time.|||You need a bigger power supply.

It's likely not providing enough watts and amps to power the video card.

No Power to the video card = No video on the screen|||Although your PSU being a lower wattage than the requirements is an issue -it can cause your power supply to ultimately fry- I don't believe it's what's causing your card to not be recognized. Did you delete the drivers for the integrated graphics card? If so, did you install the drivers for the new card you just bought? This has happened to me a couple of times and deleting the old drivers and installing the new ones off of the internet has fixed it every time.

没有评论:

发表评论